Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic fever : Update
[ProMed] 2018.12.04. - India
- Congo fever has been reported in the state for the 2nd time causing concern. A man from Malappuram [Kerala], who had come home from UAE [United Arab Emirates] for holidays has been tested positive for Congo fever. His condition was reported as stable.
- Currently, the man is undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Thrissur. His bodily fluids have been sent for specialized tests. The health department has directed hospital staff to exercise caution as the disease can spread through bodily fluids.
[ONT] 2018.11.10. - Pakistan
- Reports on the number of dengue and Congo [Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever/CCHF] virus cases in the past 4 years [2015-2018] were presented before the National Assembly Wednesday morning [7 Nov 2018].
- From 2015 till today [7 Nov 2018], Congo virus has infected 613 people. Of these people, 148 died due to the disease.
[ProMed] 2018.10.24. - Pakistan
- Officials at the JPMC confirmed on [Sun 21 Oct 2018] that a resident of District Malir [Sindh] had tested positive for Congo virus and was being treated at the hospital.
"A resident of Jam Goth in Malir, was brought to the JPMC in critical condition," said JPMC Executive Director Dr Seemin Jamali. She added that the patient tested positive for CCHF and was being treated at an isolation ward in the hospital.
... more updates continued below
Areas endemic for CCHF
: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Benin, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, China, Croatia, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kirgizstan, Kenya, Kirgizstan, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkey, Turkmenistan, UAE, Uganda, Ukraine, Zimbabwe
[ProMed] 2018.10.01. - Pakistan
- A 17 year old boy from Dhaki Sahib Gul Mohallah of Charsadda district died of Congo virus in a hospital in Peshawar on Friday.
[ProMed] 2018.09.22. - Pakistan
- A factory worker, was brought to JPMC emergency with symptoms similar to CCHF infection and was confirmed having the viral disease after lab results.
- So far 14 CCHF patients had been brought to the hospital, and 5 of them had died.
[ProMed] 2018.09.12. - Pakistan
- Congo virus [Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus] claimed another life in Karachi on [Mon 10 Sep 2018] as a 25-year-old man died at Jinnah hospital. This is the 10th Congo virus-related death this year .
[ProMed] 2018.09.06. - Pakistan
- Emergency was declared in Khyber area after two persons died in Landi Kotal due to Congo fever [Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever.
- The patient was brought to the local hospital with high fever and was immediately shifted to Peshawar due to his critical condition. Later, he was taken to Shifa International Hospital in Islamabad where he died.
[ProMed] 2018.09.04. – Afghanistan
- Afghanistan's Ministry of Public Health said that at least 34 people across the country have died after being diagnosed with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever.
- 34 people have been diagnosed with the virus have died in the past 5 months, and another 250 people have received medical treatment.
[ProMed] 2018.08.30. – Pakistan
- Officials at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) said that they have admitted another Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever patient into the health facility. The 65-year-old, from Quetta was brought to a private hospital in critical condition and the lab test confirmed that he has contracted the tick-borne viral infection.
[ProMed] 2018.08.27. - Afghanistan
- At least 18 cases of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) infection have recently been detected in Afghanistan, taking this year's  total cases to 267 compared to 244 cases last year.
[ProMed] 2018.08.26. - Uganda
- The Uganda Ministry of Health (MOH) reported Saturday that a 32-year old female who died at Naguru Hospital died as a result of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), not Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), according to an MOH press release.
[ProMed] 2018.08.21. – Pakistan
- The Department of Infectious Diseases at Holy Family Hospital in Rawalpindi, Punjab received a total of 17 suspected patients of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) so far in the year 2018, of which only 3 were tested positive for CCHF.
- Of the 3 confirmed CCHF patients, 2 were discharged by the hospital after complete cure while a female patient who was taken to HFH from Mianwali in critical condition expired at the emergency department of the hospital the next day.
[ONT] 2018.08.11. – Spain
- The case was a 74-year-old man who died during hospitalization. The man claimed to have been bitten by a tick on July 24, while participating in a hunt in a rural area of Badajoz. This is the second report of human cases of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Spain.
[ONT] 2018.08.08. – Pakistan
- A man has tested positive for the Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) at Pims. The patient arrived at the hospital a few days ago with complaining of fever and oral bleeding.
[ProMed] 2018.07.30. – Iran
- The outbreak of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) has killed 7 people in Iran so far.
- CCHF has become a permanent disease in Iran, adding that according to the latest data received by the organization, 56 cases of the disease have been reported so far, 7 of which have led to the death of the victims.
[ONT] 2018.07.30. – Uganda
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says 42 suspected cases of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever have been detected in the Nakivale Refugee Settlement in northern Uganda.
- WHO said the first case, involving a female who came from Rwanda through the Democratic Republic of Congo, was confirmed by the Uganda Virus Research Institute on July 18.