※ 조류독감 (Avian influenza) : Update
[ONT] 2018.11.05. Avian Influenza A(H5N6) - China
- The National Health Commission in China has reported an additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Guangxi.
- The case involved a 44-year-old man from Hechi in Guangxi. He developed symptoms on October 18, was hospitalized on October 21 and died on October 27. The patient denied that he had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
[ONT] 2018.10.03. Avian Influenza A(H5N6) - China
- The case involved a 22 year old man from Guangzhou in Guangdong. He developed symptoms on 25 Sep 2018 and was hospitalised on the next day. He is now in a serious condition. The patient had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
[ONT] 2018.10.01. Avian Influenza A(H5N6) - China
- In China, the twenty-first human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) since 2014 has been reported in a 22-year-old man from Guangzhou in Guangdong.
- The patient developed symptoms on September 25 and was hospitalized on the next day. He is now in a serious condition. The patient had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
[ProMed] 2018.09.29. Avian influenza A(H7N9) - China
- In response to bird flu pandemics starting in 2013, officials in China introduced a new vaccine for chickens in September 2017. Recent findings suggest that the vaccine largely worked but detected two new genetic variations of the H7N9 and H7N2 subtypes in unvaccinated ducks.
[ProMed] 2018.09.15. Swine flu [influenza A/H1N1] – India
- A 31-year-old man died of swine flu [influenza A/H1N1], the 1st H1N1 fatality reported in Uttar Pradesh this year , an official said [Fri 14 Sep 2018]. MAB of Nai Basti locality here succumbed to H1N1 virus, which he had contracted in Dubai, where he worked for a company abroad. He was sent back to India on [4 Sep 2018], and 3 days later he was rushed to Lucknow, where he tested positive for swine flu.
[ProMed] 2018.09.03. Avian influenza A(H7N9) - China
- Since March 2013, when the avian influenza A(H7N9) virus infection was 1st detected in humans, a total of 1567 laboratory-confirmed human cases, including at least 615 deaths (1), have been reported to WHO in accordance with the International Health Regulations (2005). In the latest wave (the 6th wave since Oct 2017), only 3 human cases have been detected; meanwhile there have been generally fewer A(H7N9) virus detections in poultry and environment samples, according to various reports from mainland China and China, Hong Kong SAR.
[ONT] 2018.08.26. Influenza A(H1N2) - USA (California, Ohio)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports an additional four human infections with novel influenza A viruses were reported by two states–California (2) and Ohio (2).
- All four persons were infected with influenza A(H1N2) variant (A(H1N2)v) viruses and became ill with respiratory symptoms in early August 2018.
[ONT] 2018.08.20. Avian influenza A(H5N6) - China
- The China National Health Commission reported an additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Guangxi today.
- The case involved a 42-year-old man from Laibin in Guangxi. He developed symptoms on August 10 and was hospitalized on August 15. He is now in a serious condition. The patient had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
- From 2014 to date, 20 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities. This is the third case reported in Guangxi province since late 2016.
[ProMed] 2018.08.16. H1N2v Influenza – USA (Michigan)
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is reporting that influenza A (H1N2)v has been identified as the strain that sickened 2 attendees of the Fowlerville Family Fair following exposure to swine. Respiratory samples from ill individuals were sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for additional testing, after initially testing positive for influenza A at the MDHHS Laboratory last week [week of 30 Jul 2018]. This H1N2v strain is similar to the viruses currently circulating in swine.
- These are among the 1st influenza A (H1N2)v virus infections identified in the US in 2018. 2 additional cases have been identified in California. None of the patients were hospitalized, and all are recovering from their illness. No human-to-human transmission has been identified to date. Investigation of additional ill fair attendees is ongoing.
[WHO] 2018.08.09. Avian influenza A(H3N2) - China
- Since the previous update, one new human infection with an influenza A(H3N2) variant virus was reported.
• Risk assessment: The overall public health risk from currently known influenza viruses at the human-animal interface has not changed, and the likelihood of sustained human-to-human transmission of these viruses remains low. Further human infections with viruses of animal origin are expected.
[ProMed] 2018.08.06. Influenza A (H3N2) – USA (Michigan)
- Michigan state and local health officials have identified 2 confirmed cases of influenza A in individuals with exposure to swine at the Fowlerville Family Fair in Livingston county. The fair took place [from 23 to 28 Jul 2018], and several pigs from the fair tested positive for swine flu on [27 Jul 2018]. Further laboratory testing is under way to determine if the flu viruses found in the swine and the ill persons are the same strain. Additional fair attendees are also reporting influenza-like illness and are being tested.